Last modified: October 28, 2020
Hiya Inc., (“Hiya” "Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Hiya website, hiya.com (our "Website"). This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website and
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected:
- by third parties who may reference or link to or may be accessible from this Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under age 13, you are prohibited from providing any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address and other information you may submit to Hiya, including via this Website ("Personal Information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your Internet connection, your IP address, your location, the equipment you use to access our Website, and other information about your usage of the Website.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies that we may (now or in the future) employ to improve the features and functionality of the Website.
- from third parties, for example, our business partners.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided via our “Contact” pages or otherwise requesting further information about Hiya products and services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect using these automated means is only statistical data and does not include Personal Information. We will use this information to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- speed up your searches.
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
- flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- web Beacons. Pages of our Website (and our e-mails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you.
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also respond to your requests for information, using the information you provided.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- to our advisors, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hiya’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hiya about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- to third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, subpoena or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hiya, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
Nevada residents: We do not currently sell data triggering the Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A opt-out requirements. If you have questions regarding any future opt out rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to do the right thing! If we have information about you that is inaccurate or that you would like us to delete, we will do so as soon as we possibly can. Complete a request here to do so.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit our CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- US Office: 110 Union St., Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98101 USA
- Email: email@example.com
- Data Protection Officer: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK Office: Churchill House, Churchill Way, Cardiff CF10 2HH, Contact: Alex Algard
- EU/ Hungary office: 1066 Budapest, Mozsár utca 16. 5th floor, Contact: Daniel Lehoczky